Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep K (Sr officer)     28 August 2013

Dowry suside

Hi,

My Sister got married 3 months back. It was a arrange mirrage and everything was done as per ritual. Everything was looking fine till 15 days after mirrage. But thereafter may sister stop making and receiving calls of my Mom. She use to visit our place but she use to tell us that "do not tell her husband that she came to meet mom" Suddenly on 6th of Aug my sister commited suside living suside note that do not file case against her husband as he has many repsonsiblites on him. After her suside, we came to know from her office staff that her husband use to torture her. We came to know that
1. Her husband asked her to bring gold if she goes for pregrency at moms place.
2. Ask for 2 lakh from Mom to repay loan taken for marriage or take loan from bank
3. Once she return from our place to her in-laws house, her husband asked for 10 Kg of sweets
4. Once our relatives invited both of them for lunch, He told her not to go, and if she visits to relatives place then no need to come back to home.

Now we have registed case against him and he has been arrested under sec 306. Now need your help, whether he can be punished by law under above circumsstances or will be left out on the bases of suside note.

Learning

3 Replies

rajiv rajan (rr)     28 August 2013

Dear friend 

The case should be register under section 304B and 498a or may be 302. Suicide note may help. But it just depend upon the lawyer how he present the case in court and what evidence you present in court.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     30 August 2013

If it was suicide and no other evidence is available case can only be registered under 306.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 September 2013

it depends what was statement of your family immediately on death which is vital for 304b

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register