LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saravanan p   03 August 2019

dowry get back from husband

Sir my name saran,, my friend priya was married 7 years ago and have 2 children. Aug 2018 my friend was throw out from the house with girl child (1 year) by husband.. All of her dowry and property was taken by husband,, in the past 11 month she live with her mother ( her father died 5 years ago). Husband doesn't give any money to take care of girl child,, they torture through phone, he said he will only give money dowry property in exchange for girl child and diwose,, she was so worried, she doesn't know how to solve this, what the court procedures for get her money back in India ..please someone help me how to handle this


 7 Replies

DMINDIA 2018   04 August 2019

First thing, Dowry is illegal.

DMINDIA 2018   04 August 2019

You can ask for Wife's Own Capitals and Jewellery etc things. Don't ask for Dowry return.

Rajesh   04 August 2019

Dont say it has a dowry, juz say that out of love and affection,also considering the well being of thier daughter thier parents had provide this much jewellery and others things during the marriage. File maintenance case + domestic violence case also bec you can claim for maintanence in both the way.There is nothing wrong in filing two cases at a time!

Abhi Sheth   04 August 2019

Best thing is to file domestic violence case under section 498. there u can ask for punishing the culprits and also ask for all your properties which is in the custody of your husband. file suit against all who were harresing you from your husbands family. and also file a maintenance suit side by side

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 August 2019

She can initiate action to get back the 'stridhan' as well for getting maintainance for hersel and the child. Custody of the child is unrelated these issues. Generally, the mother is entitled for the custody of the infant chilrdren, esp. the girl child.

R. K. Singh (Business)     05 August 2019

if the husband and wife can not stay together it is better to go for divorce as that is in the best interest of the child and also best for the husband and wife to save precious years of life and to not to spend money in litigation and rather use the money and time wisely

Cats World   17 October 2019

sec 498a speaks about demand of dowry not taking dowry there is difference
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register