Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kay blue (kayblue)     04 October 2012

Dowry

Hi Experts

i have a filed a divorce case. my marriage is for 7.5 years, as usual inlaws threatening us

my question is

1. can they instigate dowry case against me and my family

2. if they call police at our home and file complaint against us for physical torture and dowry, will my parents be arrested?

3. the girl is forcefully residing here, if anything happens to her like she tries to commit suicide etc etc, will we be in trouble like arrest and jail?

PS:- there is no dowry or pysical tourture complaint in past 7.5 years

please let me know

thanks

Learning

2 Replies

andz (clerk)     04 October 2012

1-you are the best judge as you know the issue and also your inlaws well . . and if they wish they can 2-yes- if they add their name's too in the list 3-well you know the answer for this too . . .

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     04 October 2012

Dear Kay Blue

Yes, your inlaws can accuse you of demand of dowry, torture, domestiv violance etc. etc. and may logde FIR in this regard also. In that case you including your parents get arrested. They may not succeed to prove their allegation before the court of law, but initially they may succeed to put you all behind the bar.

As you have told, youh've filed a divorce case also against the wife (perhaps against her will) so be prepared to pay maintainance/alimony also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register