LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sharmilla ram (general manager)     10 July 2011

Doubt about IPC

Any good lawyer pls throw some lights. if person charge 498a ipc. As i know that max punishment is 3 yrs. if judge pronounce verdict life imprisment  than what person will do. why i raise this question coz everybody knows story about neeraj grover where a person booked under gar iradan hatya. the punishment is only 3 yrs. when media starts trail on studio than judge verdict life impresment.pls dont mistaken me.i m not supporting guilty man.why judge removed 302 ipc. so it means if u ve theft case than judge can pronounce pahsee. pls reply.


 1 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     11 July 2011



As I understand from your case, you might not have come to know, that other sections must also be there out of which one section would contain this punishment. Else where any person is found guilty under any section, then maximum punishment is not decided by judge but by the law.


If you are sure that there was no other section in this case, then you can appeal to High Court due to fundamental error in judgement sentence.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register