Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498A_Victim (service)     26 May 2014

Double voter id card

Hi All,

I have applied online for voter ID card in Dec 2012 in Bangalore. After more than one year when no response came from Election commission office. in Feb 2014, I applied for Voter ID card again in a camp organized by one NGO in Bangalore on same address as earlier.

In Apr 2014, I got my Voter ID card at my address, now 2 days before I got one more voter ID card on same address, however the EPIC number was mentioned different in both the cards.

Please suggest me what should I do, as I heard holding 2 voter ID card is crime as per Election commission  and it may attract any problem in future.

Learning

7 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 May 2014

It is crime to hold to EPIC.  whether voter No is also different.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     27 May 2014

Instructions are printed to get fresh voter ID mentioning the number given in the existing voter ID whenever there is change in address.But in practuice fresh identity is given with a fresh number.One has to be careful to use the card with the same number during verification or identity purpose.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 May 2014

Holding two EPICs by the same person cannot be held as legal and it is invalid.  You may surrender one EPIC to the issuing authority immediately.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 May 2014

querist is yet to reply if both the epics are of same or different voter no.

after this information only I can agree or diswagree wth mr Kalaiselvan

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     31 May 2014

you get online Form -7 which is help ful to delete the second id hold by you 

it will be a crime and when there is verification you will held liable as while you apply for the electoral application there is a coloum which mention if you hold any other id you should have mentioned that already applied but not received 

swapnil (owner)     07 November 2014

Hello everyone...

I am Swapnil residing at Sholapur Maharasthra.

Can anyone please tell me where I can complaint about the person who is holding two voter id cards of  different numbers . 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 November 2014

Originally posted by : swapnil

Hello everyone...

I am Swapnil residing at Sholapur Maharasthra.

Can anyone please tell me where I can complaint about the person who is holding two voter id cards of  different numbers . 
  1. Distt Election Officer
  2. State Election Commission
  3. Chief Election Commission

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register