LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Thrimurtulu P (PA)     05 September 2012

Double registration of same plot

I have purchased a plot in 2009 and got registared.  I have recently come to know that the same plot has sold to someone in 2011 by the same gentlemen, from whom I purchased it in 2009, and it is also got registared from the same Sub Registarar Office. Is it possible to get the same property registared from the same sellor to different buyers.   Please let me what is the legal implications.   What I should do and how can I proceed.  Can I lodge a complaint against the sellor or buyer.   Please guide me.   Your suggestions will be appriciated with whole heart.    

Learning

11 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     06 September 2012

You can file a complaint, but it is of no use.  It is a civil nature case, so you will have to get declare yourself as the owner of the property by filing suit for declaration and injunction against the person who  has got regd., the sale deed recently

Vishal Srivastava (ADVOCATE)     06 September 2012

I think u should go for a civil suit and lodge a FIR for fraud against the seller.

Thrimurtulu P (PA)     06 September 2012

Thank you so much for your kind suggestion. 

Rakesh Dubey (ADVOCATE)     08 September 2012

File a complain against both the parties as well as file case before court to protect you rights

none can sell the a single property twice to separate party, it is criminal offence.

none can sell the a single property twice to separate party, it is criminal offence. also you can file writ before high court making a party to registrar

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     08 September 2012

First file a complaint against your seller and new purchaser as accused.  This is a criminal offence of fraaud, criminal conspiracy, cheating etc.

Rakesh Dubey (ADVOCATE)     10 September 2012

file crimnal complain case against the person who cheated you, and take injection order

sanjayrtn. (Exe)     01 November 2012

https://www.tnreginet.net/circular/public_Circulars/Fraudulent_Registration.pdf

please check out this circular if this can help, since similar case has happened recently:

narendra.s.p (Chief Manager(Law))     14 November 2012

Please file a suit for seting aside of the second sale deed. Registration of first sale deed is a clear notice to any person buying the same property

Ajmal Ahamed (Sales Manager)     08 December 2012

This is very common in Karnataka.

I have heard and come across many such cases.

My argument is "what is the use of registration of a property in the Registrar office by paying all the fees, completing all official formalities in front of an authority (Registrar), then the same property is being registred to multiple buyers?"

Can't it be given an unique number to registered property and if duplicatioin happens should be immediately stopped at the registrar office itself?

Your expert comments please, thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register