LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarita Kumari   01 October 2022

Donation of Immovable Property to Trust

1. How can a person donate Immovable property to a Charitable Trust? Which deed is registered for the same, Donation Deed or any other deed?

2. How much Immovable property a Charitable trust can own and how much Immovable property can be donated to a charitable trust by any person?

3. If any permission is required from the Charity Commission before the donation to the charitable trust or property registration?

4. Kindly provide law and sections related to it.

Jurisdiction: Maharashtra
property to be donated: more then 500 acres.

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 October 2022

A Gift Deed may be registered through a local prudent lawyer, if it is not an academic problem.

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 October 2022

The facts posted are less than convincing. 

Sarita Kumari   05 October 2022

What more information is required to be posted please let me know so that I can provide the information. Else this is the query i have. And i suppose in short i have asked how one can donate Immovable property to a Charitable trust. Please let me know what info is missing?

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 October 2022

How is that a person is in possession of such vast extant of land, in spite of the ceiling limit under the land reforms law? 

Sarita Kumari   07 October 2022

there are many individuals who want to donate land to trust. please provide your input for 1 acre of land

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register