LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shrikrishna (Head Production)     19 June 2010

Domicile by birth

I am born in Gujarat and I am residing here since 1966 ( 43 years ).  My wife is born in Pune( Maharastra ) in 1969 and my son is born in Pune in 1994.

Currently, my wife stays in Pune since last 3 years. My son stays in Pune since 6 years. We have a ownership flat in pune.

For getting admisson in Engineering, DTE requires Domicile by birth or permenant residence.

Question 1 :- Will my son get above Domicile certificate " By birth or permenant residence "  . Is he eligilble ?

Question 2 :- What documents  for proof are required ?

Question 3;- Where or which office to approach for Domicile  in Pune ?

Question 4;- What is the procudure ?

Learning

7 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     19 June 2010

well you stay at Gujarat or at Pune.

Question 1 :- Will my son get above Domicile certificate " By birth or permenant residence "  . Is he eligilble ? yes. your son is studying since last 6 years at pune please correct if wrong.

then he must have school certificate. that is enough and birth certificate will also be enough

Question 2 :- What documents  for proof are required ? as per above

Question 3;- Where or which office to approach for Domicile  in Pune? apporach mamlatdar office, from there you will get domicile certificate   

Question 4;- What is the procudure ? mamalatdar will provide you form, go through the same, you will understand the procedure you just need to get the form, seee waht is to be enclosed. accordingly

1 Like

sanjay kumar (BE/ LLM in Corporate Laws)     19 June 2010

The domicile requirements vary from state to state. Generally, the domicile requirement is :-

1. Birth and continuous stay for 5 years.

or

2. Continous stay of past 15 years

or

3. In case of Birth and not 5 years of continous residence then holding of property for the last 5 years.

or

4. In case of Birth but not meeting 5 years stay or (3) then proof of domiciled ancestors by showing ancestral property.

For Maharashtra, to my knowledge Birth + 5 years continous stay + Mother's birth-place + property should be sufficient to get a domicile certificate. The BC is generally issued from the Collectorate. You may have to hire a lawyer because certain affidavits that you have not obtained DC from any other state are also required.

shrikrishna (Head Production)     20 June 2010

Respected Sir ( Advocate Gulammayudin A Gagdani ),

* I stay at Navsari (gujarat ) since 43 years and I am born in Gujarat, 

* my child stays at Pune ( maharastra) since 5 years, 

*my wife stays  in Pune since 3 years.

*My child and My wife are born in Pune Maharastra. And we have residential property in Pune.

My son has school leaving certificate from Pune with date and place of birth. We also have birth certicate of him mentioning place of birth.  Same certificates are available for my wife.

Sir, I think you have answered most of my  problem. Thanking you sincerely sir.

Sanjiv Desai (Director)     18 July 2010

Can my son get 'Domicile by birh' certificate is he is born in Mumbai? He is 16 years of age and he studied in Gujarat from standard I to X , as he got shifted around year 2000 to Gujrat.

Best regards.

Sanjiv

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     19 July 2010

well no need to go for that as your son will be having school leaving certificate for Xth of Gujarat which will show as admission date and exit date.

if at all required you can visit any time to the concerned or related mamaltdar office and inquire about the same.

so far there is no such things domicile by birth i have heared what you get is so and so is domicile of Gujarat since this much years etc .

Sanjiv Desai (Director)     19 July 2010

Thanks for your reply.

In Maharastra if a child needs admission in engineering college after XII,  than he should have' DOMICILE BY BIRTH'  OR 'DOMICILE BY PERMANANT RESIDENCE' .  This is their guide line for year 2011 admissions.

How to get Domicile by birth certificate as my son was born in Mumbai?

Best regards,

Sanjiv

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     19 July 2010

then birth certificate will be of mumbai and on the base of mother and father domicile it can be received.

for further enquiry it will be better if you can visit concerned collectorate or mamlatdar office as applicable.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register