LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abramchichk (Be The Change)     15 February 2011

Domestic Voilence against Mentally unstable sister By brothe

My sister 42 years old was subjected to severe domestic violence and human rights violation by brother and wife and was almost starved to death, her house broken and humilliated daily.All her household things thrown or sold or taken away.

After i informed police, brother agreed to an agreement , done with the help of polce, in police station, with ASI signature, in which he promised to look after her, pay her maintainance .

Exactly after amonth, he grabbed sisters flat at ground floor,shifter her to first floor, removed the stairs of two flats ,which had  converted the two flats  into duplex and dumped her.

I found her hungry and dishelved on my visit. No money has ever been paid to her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All property, and business is in control of brother, and all is in fathers name.

Regarding business, he closed faters firm, started his own firm and is doing the same business from same premises.

My Question ::

Can Police Take Action, regarding non adhering to agreement ???? As she is mentally unstable ,

What is the quickest way to restore sisters right , especiall expenses.

Is there any provision of punishment for perpetrators of such crime or not ???

Victims Sister

Learning

2 Replies

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     16 February 2011

u had posted ur query in august 2010 also,where u were given various answers.so how come u posted the same problem again??

anyways, i repeat wot others had advised u...alongwith my own personal views..

DV act can be filed against ur bro and also his wife....latest SC judgement says women can also be booked in DV cases

if property is of ur dad without will it has to be equally divided amongst children....ur bro cant grab it(clarify further frm a lawyer)

also if ur bro is so cruel...why dont u keep ur sister wid u?u r a designer.so u must be independent also?

u may keep her wid u and ask for reliefs frm ur bro namely compensation for harassment,maintenance etc...

ur sis who is already disturbed needs dignity also,besides DV reliefs...even if MM forces ur bro to keep her in his house...he may do other forms of cruelty like silent treatment,ignoring her etc...dat will spoil her mental health further.

so u keep her wid u and also ask for other reliefs,except right to residence...

because "ghar me pyaar ho to he wo ghar hota hai....nahi to makaan hota hai"

ur sister needs love...i think u r capable of giving her...sisters are always close even after marriage...while men become joru ka gulaam...so y do u want to send ur already disturbed sister to a foolish spineless  joru ka gulaam???

think of wot i advised...with a cool mind!

Abramchichk (Be The Change)     16 February 2011

Thanks,

I went to the police after that , and had hoped now evrything would be fine, but it was only a cheating.

Specifically I wanted to know   if the police can take action or not now,  after brothet failed to honour agreement ???(since she is mentally unwell.), if i inform them again in writting ????

And most importantly, is there any punishment available under DV for perpetrators at all or not ???

Or is it the female victim  always who has to scurry for cover.

Regarding your suggestion, its good and already tried, but its no permamanent solution, with 2 bedroom houses  ,grown up kids , a mentally sick person  and we still live in patriarchial society.

It has been now more than one year that i had been single handedly looking after her, but at her place of residence, with rock support of my family.

Regds.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register