Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anu karthika   01 June 2019

Domestic Violence Law

Hi

I got married last July and blessed with a baby boy now. My baby is 45 days old and now I am at my mom's place for delivery and post partum. My issue is with my in-laws. It's just 11 months post marriage and they are creating mental chaos from day 1. I got 2 offer letters in hand and because of them couldn't go to job.

They never abused me physically and talking very sweet but they brain washes my husband and ruins our happiness. For marriage, they made him get 8L personal loan. Month on month he is paying EMI for that now. Other than that he is giving some amount to his parents for their expenses. They r still not convinced and make him spend for them. If he spends any money for my baby or me, they questions that too. Also my father in law abused my mom over a phone call last month.

I spoke to my husband and he never wants to leave me for any reasons. Also he never controls his parents for their sick activities. Now that I m unemployed with a new born, I feel so unsecured with my economical life. Kindly suggest if I can do anything legally on this.

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 June 2019

You can talk in between you and your in-laws. There will be solutions in amicable discussions. These are all your internal matters. Do not go police and courts unnecessarily. Your problems are very simple and soluable. You are all educated people. You can solve the problem yourself. 

Varun2020   02 June 2019

"For marriage, they made him get 8L personal loan. Month on month he is paying EMI for that now. Other than that he is giving some amount to his parents for their expenses. They r still not convinced and make him spend for them." - I did not see anything wrong. Being a Son he has some duty towards his parents also. If he is not paying any money to you, then there is a problem.

From your post everything looks fine and I don't see any ground for domestic violence case. You all have some conversation together to fix the problem. You can go out with your in laws, husband and new born member of your family, spend some amount of time together, things will be easier.

Adv. Deepak (Advocate)     02 June 2019

You can file domestic violence case against your husband and in laws and seek protection order. Court will summon your in-laws and warn them not to use abusive language and not to torture you physically as well as mentally. Court will also warn your husband that he will have to take care of you and your child and pass suitable orders preventing your in-laws from repeating the same thing. If you don't want to dissolve your marriage, this us the only solution I feel.

You can file domestic violence case against your husband and in laws and seek protection order. Court will summon your in-laws and warn them not to use abusive language and not to torture you physically as well as mentally. Court will also warn your husband that he will have to take care of you and your child and pass suitable orders preventing your in-laws from repeating the same thing. If you don't want to dissolve your marriage, this us the only solution I feel.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register