LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoj   30 April 2017

Domestic violence by wife and life threats by her father

Hi All, Please advise,

My wife conducted domestic violence several times in a span of 12 months in America by beating me physically whenever she gets upset and angry for trivial reasons.

When her parents arrives in America for her delivery, father together with wife conducts domestic physical violence on me and her father issues verbal life threats.

Later she abandons America and returns back to India and files false 498(a) and 506 cases on me.

I have recently returned back to India and filed for divorce in the family court.

Please advise what I can do towards the domestic violence and life threats made on me by my estraged wife and her father ?

Should I register any complaints ? Please advise all my options in India.


 2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     30 April 2017

Have you any proof of her physical violence upon you and the threat given to you if you have only then you file the cases otherwise fight your case of 498a , 506 ipc on their merits and also gather proof for your divorce case and fight it .
1 Like

A walk alone (-)     30 April 2017

Filing such case is wastage of your time and money. It will make you roam court for decade with zero result. Better focus only on your divorce case and get rid of her.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register