LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashok Kumar Adhikary (Manager)     30 April 2017

Domestic violence and harassment of wife by

Father in law and other members of the family have been torturing the wife mentally and physically. No food was given to eat today. What are the the legal avenues. No mother in law as she is no more.

Learning

15 Replies

Please advise suitably to serve the woman

Please advise suitably to save the woman

Father in law and other members of the family have been torturing the wife mentally and physically. No food was given to eat today(29.04.2017). What are the the legal avenues. No mother in law as she is no more.

Ganesh Nair (Employed)     30 April 2017

Where is the husband? How  are you related to the hungry victim?  How did you come to know about the incident? If you are within at least 50 km radius, kindly take a  food parcel to her. For now that should be the first step. We don't want starvation deaths among the affluent. Legal actions  can wait.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 April 2017

Wife herself can lodge a dv complaint against her harassing family members

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     30 April 2017

She can file domestic violence case by herself.  If she is not in a position to do so, her blood relation can also do that thing.  Even though as per DV law, even neighbours or women association can also do that, but it is more affective if former files a complaint. 

Thank you very much for the advise...

She is my sister and I am living in a distant place (700 kms), so sent my younger brother to deal with the situation. I shall be there later.

Shall I send a message to the local police station at place of incident ?

I am disturbed hugely over the incident.

The husband is not staying there. He is living at a place twenty kilometres away but not allowed to meet with his wife as the father and his elder brother and brother's wife made the conspiracy to torture and finally force the wife to leave the house.

The husband is not staying there. He is living at a place twenty kilometres away but not allowed to meet with his wife as the father and his elder brother and brother's wife made the conspiracy to torture and finally force the wife to leave the house.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register