LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Domestic violence and 498a

I got married at 27 June 2010 in ambajogai(my wife’s home town). I am working as a lecturer in Aurangabad, Maharashtra. I brought her to my residential place osmanabad, where I am living with my family. I am having 2 unmarried younger sisters and one working brother. At first night she had denied to keep physical relationship with me. She fall down, I thought it was but natural. But things were happening repeatedly. I came with her for honeymoon in Aurangabad for 3-4 day in mid august. But in hotel also same things were happened. Then I told my parents. And her too. Her parents forced me to stay with her in Aurangabad, I don’t understand Why?  . She was very aggressive, hyper excited. I thought may be a mental problem .I asked her but she denied. Then her parents were forcing me to take her with me. I told that after 1-2 months I Will is with her in Aurangabad, because she is my wife. But they repetitively were forcing me to do so. I was going every weekend to my home town...but her parents are again forcing me. then on 3 sep 2010 I came to home(osmanabad) .stayed on 4th sep and told her that I am leaving on for 4th night 11.pm bus as I have to be in college for TEACHER'S DAY FUNCTION. At night she again falls down. She was Sweating and told me that will meet in court. On 28 sep her mother came fought with my family and left home. On 14 /02/11,  I got message from Dispute redressal Center, Ambajogai that she filed return complaint against me and my family. We argued that she was mentally seek and taking medicines. But they denied. After discussion we brought her home for 1 month bond telling that she must stay very good with family. But after 4-5 day after she cut gas, pipe, fired dress of my sister, attempted to suicide 3 times . We called ambajogai( town) police but they denied saying u are making false statement. Then   she again left home some where in January, saying marriage of her relative and didn’t come back. On 8/05/2011 she filled 498a saying that she wants to stay with me  only in Aurangabad.We said we are going to stay together but you should have a medical check up form a good psychologist and then she filled DV act case as well 498a. Till date case is running court gave her maintenance of Rs 2500/pm.chargesheet is filled. I thought my lawyer is making some changes with my case. He is taking money form other side as they are financially stronger than me...please help what to do next.....

Mahesh Gaikwad

Lecturer

Learning

1 Replies

Kishtaiah (Advocate)     20 May 2012

If you have no confidence change your lawyer and get it properly prosecuted.  If what you say is proved, yours is a void or voidable marriage as the case may be.  If you want to continue marital relationship use the existing forum and get it reconciled on mutually agreeable terms.  Or rid of the bond getting a decree of anulment of marriage.  Consult in the town of your last lived marital residence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register