LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mubeen I S (A)     27 March 2013

Domestic violence act misuse

A false Domestic Violence case has been filed against me for harassing me for divorcing my wife on grounds of her abnormal mental conditions which was hidden from me before marriage. What is the best way to deal with this and avoid the harassment being caused ? I have been reading all the articles and blogs about how much misuse prone the DV act is, but couldnt find anything that would help protect against this ? Please let me know if there is anything that would help ...

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : unknow_user

A false Domestic Violence case has been filed against me for harassing me for divorcing my wife on grounds of her abnormal mental conditions which was hidden from me before marriage. What is the best way to deal with this and avoid the harassment being caused ? I have been reading all the articles and blogs about how much misuse prone the DV act is, but couldnt find anything that would help protect against this ? Please let me know if there is anything that would help ...

Pay nice money to wife to withdraw her DV case, that is the only way to avoid harrasment.

Mubeen I S (A)     27 March 2013

She and her family  is not ready to accept any fair amount, instead wants to take revenge by harassing.Instead they have demanded ridiculous amount through the case they have against me. Anything else that could be done ?

DV victimmmm ( )     27 March 2013

Have you already divorced her or is the divorce case pending? You must be having proofs regarding her mental abnormality, submit those before the court. You may feel harassed initially, but don't feel sad about it, instead , focus on the case and fight it on merits. Collect as much evidence as you can. There are many citations available here. As per the facts of our case, use them. She may ask the moon as part of her compensation, but she also needs to prove her case. Court will not give her anything she wants without looking at the facts.

1 Like

Mubeen I S (A)     28 March 2013

Thanks for the reply. I have sent 2 talaaq notices as per Islamic law out of which they are not accepting the 2nd notice. Before i could send the 3rd and final notice which has to be after a gap of 1 month, i have to appear before the court . Yes i have the proofs, but it is just that appearing in the court and dealing with court matters is a bit scary for me and my family who are unnecessariliy dragged into this. Where are the citations available ? How can i find them ?

(Guest)

Unknown bhaiyye,

Scared hone ki avashyakata nahi he, no need to get scared.

Gala nahi kaatne baithe udhar judge aur vakeel kasai banke

Face it, nothing to worry.  Tell same to your family members.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register