Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rani Kumar (Home maker)     12 July 2021

Domestic violence act, 2005 section 12

My mother in law cheated me of 20 lakhs by not returning after borrowing. I have initiated NI 138 for her bounced cheque and civil money suit recovery case in year 2019. Now in July 2021, the civil court has ordered her to pay surety for 30 lakhs else her property to be attached in one month. To avenge us she has initiated a case against myself and my husband under DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ACT, 2005 Section 12. We never used to visit each other since the dispute and wonder how she could initiate a case like this against us? What is the way to quash this case now. Thank you

 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     13 July 2021

File a petition u/s 482 CrPC in the High Court through your lawyer for quashing the case u/s 12 of Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005

1 Like

Rani Kumar (Home maker)     13 July 2021

The case against us has been filed in a district court. Is it possible to approach HC directly to quash it? Also is it possible to file a defamation case against her?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query