LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Devesh (Lawyer)     15 September 2009

Domestic Violence Act, 2005

Is the Prevention of Women from Domestic Violence Act,2005 is tilted in faour of one s*x??

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

yes.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     15 September 2009

IT IS THE CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISION  GIVEN TO WOMEN AS DIPRIVED SECTION OF SOCIETY,HENCE WE CONNOT TAKE IT AS FAVORABLE ONE SEX.

Adv. Deepak (Advocate)     15 September 2009

It is definitely tilted in favour of one s*x.  In 90% cases, it is misused.  Even some women are the victims of this act.

Devesh (Lawyer)     16 September 2009

Ya it is a constitutional proision...nobody is denying it....but i hae dealt with two cases in which thz act is perfectly misused.....whatz da remeady f a husband who has suffered injustice as a result of this act....???

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     27 September 2009

It is not the question of justice to husband. there are cases where the husbands acts like mad dogs by throwing the women to the hands of the parents after extracting every thing, the wealth and charm. They must be protected no doubbt about it. But who is to be the watch dogs to give the protection? The Police, Government servant aas protection officer and the delaays mechanical (not in all) mechinery the magistrate. Every thing depends on them. So my opinion is that law can be legislated by the execution still is in a good force suitable to indian women. The constitution has doen the proper thing. Without women wherer is the universe

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     27 September 2009

DEAR ALL,

IN INDIAN LAW EVERY ACT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM, THAT IS WHY THE BAR PLAYS ACRUCIAL ROLL IN BAIL OUT THE INNOCENT VICTIMS. THAT IS WHY, THE AMEND TO SOME ACTS BECOME IMMINET DUE TO MISUSE. I HOPE AS LONG AS WE CRITISIZE AND MAKE SUGESTIONS TO AUTHORITIES, SLOWLY GET RECTIFIED IN JUDICIARY PROCESS...

mohd faseehuddin (retired govt servant)     27 September 2009

Dear Sir,I have given cash surity of rs. 5000/- to bail out a person arrested in dowery case u/s 498-A.I.P.C who was in jail for the last 6 months. what is my legal liability.

1. rs. 5000/- will be forgeighted

2. is there any liability on me.

3. how to get rid of the same.

please help me. i am a retired govt servant from a respcetable family. i got him released under humanity. regards. i am very much worried. please help me with guidance .... warm regards. mohd faseehuddin

Adv. Deepak (Advocate)     27 September 2009

In case the person who is released from jail remains abent at the hearing, your amount will be forfeited.  You will be summoned to show cause why action should not be taken against you.  Make an application before the Honble Court that because of my health problems, I am not able to continue to be surety and I would like to withdraw my surety. ddkharpudikar@indiatimes.com

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register