domestic violence act


Dear All experts,

My DIL has filed a DV case on all the family members whereas the family members never stayed with the DIL .Out of 12 years of marriage period she lived the son i.e. with her husband only hardly for one year and rest of 11 years lived with her parents. There is one daughter aged 8 years.

Though for customary occasion and for reception and going to honeymoon she stayed with us for a temporary period.

We have submitted a discharge and drop the name of family member’s application to the court highlighting therein with evidences that

1 Son is not a member of joint family

2. Aggrieved person has not maintained any domestic relationship with family members nor shared the shared household.

Allegations in the DV case are vague and general and not specific because no any date, time and place has been mentioned.

We have quoted 14 judgments of various high courts in our argument which says that if family member never stayed with the aggrieved person they cannot implicated in the case whereas the aggrieved person has not submitted in her argument any supporting cases.

Unfortunately the court has rejected the application and copy of which is still awaited

It is prima facie apparent that judge is bias and prejudice and blindly supporting the aggrieved person.

Please guide how to proceed further and what should we do for change of the court and where the application for the change of court is to be applied.

The case is running in a metro court



solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com

When you are trapped the wall looks near so you try to get out from the wall and fail . You have to search the door with cool and methodical approach , it is always there. The lower court once issued process whether rightly or wrongly have no power to recall it, you should have gone in revision on first opportunity of having received the notice. Even now there will many technical issues against which you can go in revision and get rid of the case.

Dy Director

long narrative                       


File an appeal u/s 29 of DV act within 30 days .In sessions court against the impugned order.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x