LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jayveer singh rathore (Engineer)     08 August 2013

Domestic violence

hello frnds i'm jay from nagour i want to protect my sister from her husband and his family,They torcher from past 4 years. she have three child one son and two daughter.Every day they beat and captured in house she can not go outside the home. my family think in some time  after they love them so we can not told any thing but all think is wrong. My family and sister decided to leaf them but hir family so danger i also afraid so please tale me right suggestion what we can do please help my sister and give me your suggestion.  my mail id is jayrathore2010@gmail.com

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Lodge a compaint with police. Fast remedy is available under Sec 498. The husband & in laws will be arrested. However make sure you are having evidence which will stand in court of law. Otherwise it may backfire.

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     11 August 2013

From last 4 years ‘everyday’ your sister was being beaten up and put on ‘house arrest’ by her in-laws including her husband and ‘you’ waited for situation to improve is what you say to us.

In my opinion such alleged facts are not possible and even if so you are more to blame then her In-laws and her husband to have put a sister in such situation from last 4 years.

1. The first remedy is to immediately re-call your sister and kids to her natal home and only after bond of good humane behavior from her in-laws and her husband taken, she should be sent back to her matrimonial home.

2. Till such time support her and kids in her natal home which is what you as her brother should immediately do if daily beating is silver quality fact and not some exaggeration.

3. Till spouses family matters are in Civil law domain such alleged to be facts family matters can be resolved and the moment police and or criminal court enters couples family matters your sister’s matrimony will never get saved, hence donot react yet ‘respond’ accordingly.

Hence if you co-joint read above three paras and pay more attention to para 3 you as part of her immediate blood relation succeeds in saving your sister’s matrimony otherwise leaving her beaten daily from last 4 years itself is greatest mind, body and soul damage a brother or relative to a sister has already been caused by relatives of her.

4. Resolvable mediation are possible in Civil cases such as ‘mutual consent divorce’ and for the same ask her if she can pull life with a divorcee tag if given a chance to empower her while being re-called and taken care of at natal home so as to stand on her own feet and seeing life afresh.  

B.N.Raja Mohamed (ADVOCATE)     11 August 2013

Sir,

IT is the right time you file a complaint before the social welfare officer under the Protection of Woman From Domestic violence Act,2005. The officer will forward the matter as per the procedures to protect your sister's family. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register