LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tina (house wife)     27 May 2011

Domestic Violence

DEAR SIR'S I AM MARRIED FOR LAST 30 YRS AND MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN BEATING ME SINCE STARTING. I HAD A SON AND I WAS HOPING THAT WHEN HE GROW UP HE WILL SUPPORT ME BUT WE MARRIED HIM LAST MONTH AND NOW HE WITH HER WIFE WILL BE MOVING OUT TO OTHER CITY AS THEY BOTH GOT A JOB THEIR SO I LOOSE ALL THE HOPE I HAD. BY HUSBAND STILL BEVAVES WITH ME VERY BAD AND ALSO GETS VIOLENT AT TIMES. WHAT SHOULD I DO? HE ALSO TELLS ME THAT EVEN IF I TAKE DIVORCE FROM HIM NOW AND AS WE HAVE ALREADY BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST MORE THEN 30 YRS I WILL NOT GET ANY HELP FROM ANY COURT AND EVEN NO MONEY. HE ALSO TOOK AWAY ALL THE CASH AND JEWELLERY I HAD. HE HAD ALSO TAKEN ABOUT 40L IN CASH FROM MY FATHER AS LOAN FOR THE MARRIAGE OF OUR SON WHICH ALSO NOW HE REFUSES TO PAYBACK.

SIR'S I WANT TO ASK ONE MORE THING THAT AS BY MY CASE U CAN UNDERSTAND THAT THE Reflations ARE NOT VERY SWEET OF MY IN LAWS WITH MY PARENTS AND BROTHER SO IF THEY WANT TO VISIT ME AT MY HOME CAN THEY? I WANTED TO KNOW IN CASE THEY DO NOT GET ANY INFORMATION ABOUT ME AS AT TIMES MY HUSBAND LOCKS ME IN THE HOUSE AND EVEN REMOVES ALL THE TELEPHONE LINE WE HAVE AND I HAVE NO CONTACT WITH THE OUTSIDE WORLD AND IN SUCH SCENARIO IF THEY DROP IN MY HOUSE (MY PARENTS) TO ESQUIRE OF ME IF I AM FINE AND LIVING CAN MY HUSBAND PUT THEM BEHIND BARS MAKING SOME FALSE ALLEGATIONS?

Learning

3 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     28 May 2011

@Tina

Please see below points which are your RIGHTS:

> You have a "fundamental" right to live with dignity in your matrimonial home and no one can hurt you even mentally.

> You have a "fundamental" right that your relatives including parents, siblings etc could visit your matrimonial home whenever you allow. Husband cannot prevent them and they can enter whenever you want.

> You have complete right on your ornaments, your money and even have rights in the husband's money.

> You can approach police for all the disputes whenever you want and they are duty bound to protect your interests. If not divorce then you can demand protection and to live with dignity.

With these inputs I think I have clarified that you have been living in the state on unknown rights. Now you know your rights, so now its time that you act quickly and narrate your problems to nearest polive station. They will ensure your protection and then you can live with peace and harmony.

Also even after this primary complaint, your husband continues to be like this, you can always complain again and your husband will be arrested for harrassing you.

--

peace

Saurabh.V

james bhatti (Advocate)     28 May 2011

I can not understand why you have been eduring cruelity for last 30 years. You and only you are responsible for your present plight.

Now listen, none has any right or power to snatch any one's life and liberty. Your husband can pay no harm to your parents. Please go to your nearest Police Station and file an application depicting all the circumstance those have been for last thirty years.

Are you a working lady? I mean have you any sort of  source of income?

Come on be brave and fight for your legal rights.

james bhatti (Advocate)     28 May 2011

I can not understand why you have been eduring cruelity for last 30 years. You and only you are responsible for your present plight.

Now listen, none has any right or power to snatch any one's life and liberty. Your husband can pay no harm to your parents. Please go to your nearest Police Station and file an application depicting all the circumstance those have been for last thirty years.

Are you a working lady? I mean have you any sort of  source of income?

Come on be brave and fight for your legal rights.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register