LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monika Sharma   20 May 2020

domestic violence

parent want there girl without her permission forcefully but she want to study


 6 Replies

Monika Sharma   20 May 2020

yes sir, i am sorry for mistake, exactly this is my question, you ask above

They cannot force you to marry, you can take legal action if they are being forceful, but most probably they won't pay for your education or create other trouble in the way of your education.
what you parents need is a councelling.
Its better to involve a NGO rather that police and court.

let me know which state are you from so I can recommend any NGO.


SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     20 May 2020


It cannot be termed as domestic violence. You are being adult capable to oppose the same. You can file criminal complaint against your parents if they assault you. I will suggest you to discuss the issue with your parents. Try to convince your parents by involving your other relatives or siblings. 



P. Venu (Advocate)     20 May 2020

Compulsion from the parents to marry, in the ordinary course, do not constitute domestic violence. The facts posted do not suggest any violence or wrong doing on the part of the parents.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     23 May 2020

You may contact me at 98l4llOOO5. I will sortout your problem and your parents will not be able to do anything without your consent.

Good Luck


Monika Sharma   16 June 2020

agreed about all your suggestions, but one thing i want to share with you all, parents meri shadi krna chahte h man lia, but wo ladkia jo ki kuch galat hoti h society main unse compare krke abuse krte h, or study ko lekar bolte h kya rkha h padhai m koi job thodi krwani h, ghar chlana h, silai bunai kro or apni graduation ka last year complete kro itne hum ladka dekh rahe h or chup chap shadi krlo, or baat baat pe bhai k lie sab kuch uske lie bike jo mange wo kisi kam k lie mna ni krna or mjhe har chij k lie rokna ki ni krna koi faeda ni h kuch ni hoga isse, kya mere dreams ni h, meri khud ki kuch krne ki icha ni h, ladki hu to kya bas bojh banke rahu, pehle parents ka hukum manu fir husband ka, bas yhi life h, ab btao kya suggestion h apka

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register