LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRAKASHCHANDRA MARU (lawyer)     26 June 2010

domestic violence

Hello all learned

A wife  who is  servicing in the  school a s junior    clerk she  lodged the   Complaint  against  her husband  under  the   domestic  violence act  and  demanded  maintenance for her and  her  child  who studies in high school  husband is  the  senior and  well known  lawyer in the  reply of the  husband  he disclosed the   salary slip of  lady showing the   17000/-  rupees  monthly income  and  denied  for the  maintenance and  presented the  maruti car  bill which is in the name of  his  wife  and  try to  establish  that  she has  no  any kind of the  requirement of the  maintenance  the   demand of the  wife is  being a  wife of  well known and  learned  senior  advocate  she could not  live as  per the status  husband  also  presented the  provindent  fund   slips  of wife stating the  amount  rupees  271000/-  she lives  in separate  house on the  rent with her  child  the  lawyer  has  full means   but it  is not  on  record 

The  main  reason of the  dispute is that she has  relation with his  lady  junior and  she lives  with the  learned  advocate as  step wife  and  most of  people  knows 

If  the  relatives  of the  lady  deposed  the  all  fact of that  what  court   will consider 

We  have  produced the   mlc  case  papers  but  due to the   influence till today no any kind of the  complain  registered against  him


 1 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 June 2010

when wife has got independent income she cannot claim the maintenance from her husband. She can claim for her child. She is living in the rented house so at most she can claim residence in the DV Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query