LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishan Av   17 February 2022

Dog bite my son. Ipc what all sections i can file a case

My son went to my neighbour house. Me and my neighbour is not in good terms because of that they unchained the dog and bite my son. My son is having several injuties. Under what all provisions of Ipc can i file a case

Learning

4 Replies

Himani Chouhan (Advocate)     17 February 2022

In terms of Section 289 of the IPC owner of the Dog can be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to six months, or with fine which may extend to Rs.1,000 or both.

2 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 February 2022

Your duty is only to file a police complaint, and it is left to the Investigating further into the facts and frame the case depending on truth in the complaint, under the relevant section.  IO considers various factors into consideration of the past history of the dog, whether there was vaccination to the dog, whether there was a real provocation to the dog etc.

Mihir RajSingh   17 February 2022

देखिये अगर सम्बन्धित मामले में , कुत्ते के मालिक की तरफ से उपेक्षापूर्ण रवैया बरता गया है , और ऐसी उपेक्षा से आपके बेटे को उपहति कारित हुई है तो आप 289 ipc के तहत कार्यवाही की मांग कर सकते हैं।

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 February 2022

When you have strained relations with your neighbour why did your son visit them knowing that they have a guarding dog, which may or may not be leashed inside his house. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register