Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

authentic (junior worker)     18 July 2011

Does talking intimately over phone attract any legal action?

I once had assured a girl that i would marry her through phone, but i never met her. we talked over phone for a period of 3 months. But later owing to career pressures i told her i cannot marry her or continue the relation over phone.During this period we had phone s*x.Now my fear is dat will Breach of Promise/Trust come into picture here? Because of the assurance i gave her dat i ll marry her if she indulged in talking intimately with me, will that amount to s*xual exploitation?Breach of Promise/Trust?What wolud be consequences? does this come under s*xual harassment act? we talked with each others consent oly.what would be the scenario if i had not taken consent?

Learning

3 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     18 July 2011

@Author

You need not worry. There is a very recent incidence from Delhi High Court where an engineer from Delhi was involved similarly with a girl from Mumbai. Certainly the girl went so mad about this boy that we started threatening this boy of committing suicide. She was summoned byt the Court when this boy filed a petition in the court for direction to get seperated and to order the girl to not to bother or blackmail him.

Just make sure you don't speak with the girl anymore. What you both did was mutual only. But it's only you and the girl know why you started to indulge into phone-s*x. If it was only because of the promise, and you never intended to marry her but just wanted her to give assent for s*x, then it amounts to cheating/breach of promise and there is IT Act which could be invoked too.

Just choose the right move..

//peace

/Saurabh..V

THANKACHAN V P (Advocate & Notary)     18 July 2011

Don't worry about penal actions better not repeat.

himanshu harbola (Comp. Sec.)     18 July 2011

@ SAURABH..

I.T act has no relevance here.

@kiran kumar

1. s*xual harassment is for work places and not for talking intimately on phone.

2. having s*xual pleasures ( in real time not on phone ) by making false promises to marry girl has been amounted to rape and criminal proceedings has been initiated against a Male partner. Now you have a unique case but if that lady lodges a FIR against you in her local P.S might land u in trouble even if it is a bogus FIR.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register