LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash Rao (IT Professional)     10 December 2017

Does my son has right in my fathers property

I have two sisters, I'm going to get diverse from my wife, my father build one house 20 years back when he was doing job, now he is retired. I have one 7 years old son, now does my Son has right to ask part of my father property ?, does my father has right to give any one.

Learning

3 Replies

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     10 December 2017

YES, YOUR SON GOT RIGHT FROM THE DATE OF HIS BIRTH.

I AM A RETIRED JUDGE AND I AM A HEAD NOTER THAT MEANS I HAVE PREPARED HEAD NOTES FOR JUDGMENTS OF 1000'S OF CASES OF VARIOUS HIGH COURTS AND SUPREME COURT. I AM PRESENTLY HEAD NOTER FOR www.scconline.com. WITH MY VAST EXPERIENCE I SAY AS FOLLOWS:

IT NEEDS GUIDANCE OF LOCAL LAWYERS, IF YOU NEED MY SERVICES THEN PLEASE SEND ALL THE RELEVANT DOCUMENTS SCANNED TO MY E-MAIL ID kalaskarnetra@gmail.com    IF YOU ARE FROM BENGALURU OR KARNATAKA THEN PLEASE CONTACT ME IN PERSON.

Please Click LIKE button so that I can send final opinion after seeing relevant judgments. I AM RESIDING IN MALLESWARAM, BENGALORE I need some more time to read your case in depth. This is my  preliminary opinion only. Send documents for verification and further suggestions.  am residing at No.74, First Floor, 6th Cross, Malleswaram, Bengaluru.

kameswarao S (Head HR)     11 December 2017

Krishna Dutt Sir .. We the forum members have high regards for you as a retired judge.  Here  Prakashrao garu is asking about the legal right of his son on his grand father's own earned house.  With my little legal knowledge the grand son don't have any right of his grand father's own earned property if the grand father is alive, the grand father can gift it to any one of his choice, sell it out or donate it.   

Prakashrao garu -- basing on the details provided by you I opine that the house is of your father's own earned property & as he is alive hence neither you nor your family have any legal right and he is having every right to do as he wish to do.

Prakash Rao (IT Professional)     18 December 2017

Thank you Kaemswarao garu, I have few more questions.

1) We are Christians, is that law applicable to us?

2) My grand-father has property, he died 20 years back, my father has 3 brothers. That property is not shared by my father and his brothers, still that property is in name of my grandfather. Now my question is, is my son (as a great grandson) has right in my grandfather property?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register