LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Parvez Belim   17 June 2018

Does mutual divorce using Notery is valid?

I got seperated from my wife with both families mutal understanding. But we didn't go to court for divorce, and did mutal divorce by signing divorce papers issued by Notery. So is this divorce valid?

And can I use this divorce while making passport to show my status as divorced ?


 5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 June 2018

Using this for making passport to show divorced status, do you think passport authority is stupid that any junk document you put before it will be taken a valid document? Dear friend please talk like learned person not like illiterate junky doing all this bogus business befooling people including their own family like this. Get proper decree of divorce from Family Court issued under the matrimonial Act under which you got married. Even if you're Muslim, you need decree of divorce or Talaqnamma duly signed and witnessed from Quazi.
1 Like

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     17 June 2018

not a valid divorce

you can't submit said documents in any office.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 June 2018

The divorce or separation from wedlock is per provisions of personal law that applies to spouses; e.g; Hindu, Muslims,…

The said notarized document that only you have seen may not be of any help at all to you.

Kartikey Tiwari   07 March 2024

Judgement related to your issue.. 

Attached File : 1030918 20240307165918 partha sarathi das v state of orissa others watermark 1543194.pdf downloaded: 2 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register