LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lord Ganesha (service)     19 February 2012

Does divorce decree dissolve 498(a) and other cases???

If a Court of Law issues a Decree of divorce against wife in a case , then , other cases filed by wife under sec 498(A) , 504,406, and 125 etc will automatically be wind up ???

Thanking u in advance...


 8 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     19 February 2012

No.  If the criminal case is prior to divorce you will have to face the trial.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     19 February 2012

no the 498a would not wind of even if divorce granted.

Arif Iqbal (Advocate)     20 February 2012

not at all

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     16 March 2012

after divorce decree,file in highcourt u/s 482 to quash this cases.regards

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     16 March 2012

Originally posted by :dr.pawan rajyan
after divorce decree,file in highcourt u/s 482 to quash this cases.regards



rightly advised.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     17 March 2012

Yes, u can APPLY. Its not sure whether HC will quash or not. Usually, if MCD is there, quashing becomes easy. Some direction may be possible if we know the grounds mentioned when divorce is granted

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 March 2012

Wishful thinking.


Though after divorce, rarely someone is convicted. :P



Shonee Kapoor

1 Like

I love my parents (law)     19 March 2012

Very rare and only after 482 quash.Pls do not give divorce untill 498 A is running.

In any condition.If she needs divorce then why she is not going to clear all case.Feel free to call do not worry.498 A is win by calm and patience.Only 1% is the conviction rate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query