LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramchander S (Mech Engg)     25 August 2020

Documents to check - maharashtra agricultural land

Hi,   I am a farmer trying to buy agricultural land in Maharastra.

1. Since the land is very old, it seems there are no sale deeds or link documents available. So what other documents should I check? i was told, I will be given Ferafar, Saat Bara 7/12, 8a and something called Hakku nandini before the Agreement. Pls advise what to check?

2. In Maharashtra, are entire survey numbers Class 1 or Class 2 or can one survey number both have Call 1 and Class 2 lands.


 4 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     25 August 2020


In your case there is not link document available so you can verify Ferafar, Saat Bara 7/12, 8a. Further you have to get the title and search report from advocate. You can rely advocate's opinion for purchasing the agricultural land.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 August 2020

You need to be an agriculturist to buy agricultural land in Maharashtra. Agriculturalist from any other state can also buy agricultural land in Maharashtra. You will have to show a farmers certificate and copy of land record in which your name is mutated.

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     25 August 2020

Visit the following link, for more INFO into the matter:

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

1 Like

Ramchander S (Mech Engg)     26 August 2020

Thank you Shirishji and Hemantji,

How do you identify whether land is tribal land or not? I know Bhogavatadar Varg in Satbara tells you if it is Class 2(tribal land) or not.

But my agent tells me that a lot of Class 1 lands are in possession of tribals which they received during Surplus Land Division after the Ceiling Act and even they would be Tribal Lands. Is this true?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register