Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr X (Proprietor)     19 June 2015

Documents handover while divorce is filed

Hi Experts,

I have filed for divorce under mutual consent. I am done with petition filing and counceling session. Now the mandatory six months period is going on. In this due time my spouse has requested to handover the original marriage certificate. My question: is it safe and ok to handover the certificate to her? or can it arise any further problems for me? Also after the divorce is granted would this certificate hold any relavance to me? Please note that i have handed over her other docs like pan card, passport, aadaar card etc.

Thank you advance.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.Vandana Vaidya (Advocate & Regd. Patent Attorney)     20 June 2015

Well, there is no harm handing over to the marriage certificate or any other documents to your spouse, however, just take care that, when you hand  over anything, you must take an acknowledgement from her, with her signature and date on it. 

Mr X (Proprietor)     22 June 2015

Thank you Adv.Vandana Vaidya

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     22 June 2015

File an application for certified copy of the marriage certificate from where it was issued earlier.

Handover the original marriage certificate once you get the certified copy as said above.  Take other precautions as advised by Ld. Vandana.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register