30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dns (mo)     07 May 2018

Document and sign forgery

One of my neighbour filed a complaint of bribery by a BSES officer .In the complaint he has signed my signature and submitted it to vigilance department of BSES .Does this amount to forgery ? Will police register FIR on my complaint that my signs have been forged in the complaint . 


 2 Replies

Siddharth Jain   08 May 2018

yes. It definitely amounts to forgery. you can file a police complaint against the said person.
For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com
1 Like

Rahul kandharkar (Freelance Editor Legal Consultant Author.)     08 May 2018

You have a prima facie case - Police can register your FIR.
secondly u don't have to worry about the gunuineess of the signature as sec 45-50 of the Evidence Act can be invoked.
For further details please contact.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query