LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S.JEEVAGAN, Madurai. (Advocate, High court )     27 July 2015

Doctrine of RULE OF LAW

1. Many democratic countries including India have accepted doctrine of rule of law. Doctrine of rule of law implies that every person is equal before the law. All Public officials, whether high or low, are under the same responsibility for every act done by them. All laws should bind every one including those who run the Government and the Government itself. The equality of all in the eyes of law minimises the tyranny and irresponsibility on the part of the executive authorities.

2. In the rule of law, arbitrary exercise of power by the executive is practically eliminated. Therefore, there is no possibility of a person being oppressed, harassed or subjected to unjust trial or illegal proceedings. In other words, legal process cannot be abused by the executive by virtue of such rights conferred on the accused person.

3. The judiciary when applying the law to a particular case must do so independently and without any external pressure or control. The judges should decide only according to the rules laid down and not according to their own sense of justice or personal preference.

Learning

1 Replies

nawaj   01 February 2016

Hi sir,

My wife applied passport on 29-12-2014 through tatkal scheme and she received passport within 2 days. After receiving passport police came for verification and asked for all certificates which she studied. She is basically M.B.B.S graduate and also in addition she did Diploma. She shown this diploma certificate also, it was for on year duration from may-2013 to may-2014 and she did this from CHENNAI. But on that certificate it was mentioned that certificate is affiliated to UNITED KINGDOM. So police thought that she did diploma in UK and he send reply to the verification is the candiadate was not present in india. We received show cause notice for this cause on 30-07-2015 and we went to PASSPORT OFFICE HYDERABAD and discuused with passport officer on 08-01-2015. She told that there will be another verification in the college where she studied DIPLOMA and this verifiction also completed, but till now online status not yet changed. My question is can my wife travel now abroad or not. And please let me know how to check whether the issue is solved or not.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register