Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nidhi.lic09@gmail.com (nidhi.lic09@gmail.com)     21 March 2011

DOB in passport is different from CBSE 10th certificate

Hello,

My DOB is 15.03.1980 , which is correct and is in the MCD certificate, Passport shows 15.03.1980, but 10th Certificate and all other education and professional docs shows 15.08.1980, as had to follow what was htere in school certificates.....parents changed DOB for school admissions during those days.

first passport applied by father  in1993 ( i was a minor ), later in 2003 ( i was a major) mother renewed but passport officers failed to listen and again re issued with 15.03.1980 , nor anybody wants to help.

I have just recieved another renewed passport , despite me telling everyone to help or advice they are issuing again on 15.03.1980, but i cannot do anything with this passport as my documents would conflict.....

Evertime we go to apply they say what is there in the initial application (in 1993) would continue.....

i have never used my passport becasue i dont want to break law, but yes i want to rectify this mistake done initially by my elders.....and only then would like to travel on this document.

Can any one suggest how should i proceed.

Regards

Learning

4 Replies

prashant pundhir (Criminal Lawyer)     21 March 2011

Under the Right to inforfation act,ask for the information about the document(with copy of the same ) on behalf of which they(passport office) issued you the passport with DOB 15.03.1980 . They will take no time in correction of DOB .

Arif Iqbal (Advocate)     21 March 2011

I agree with Mr. Prashant

nidhi.lic09@gmail.com (nidhi.lic09@gmail.com)     21 March 2011

Hello Sir(s),

BUT my actual DOB is 15.3.1980 which is there on my passport and that is different from my other certificates, so i dont know what to get changed, DOB on passport which is correct or DOB on certificates which is incorrect.

CBSE does not change as they can only change within 2 years of completing 10th Exam.

I need to know if i ask fro doc under RTI then what purpose would it solve as the RPO also told me to file an application, which he would send to MCD office and what ever would be the actual DOB he would consider that only, now because passport has correct DOB but because i want it to be 15.08.1980, as other docs have that, i dont know what to do ?

please help as my father is no more who can tell me what actually submitted when he filed for my passport in 1993

Regards

prashant pundhir (Criminal Lawyer)     21 March 2011

As per the law,the highschool certificate is the best proof of the DOB and it can not be challanged . The passport authorities are  bound to correct the same as according to your highschool certificate(whatever the DOB  MCD or other's show). The purpose for asking the docs is only to know that on what ground they are being so rigid rather then providing the best . If it is the MCD record then it can be said a clerical mistake which was later improved in highschool records .

Again it is not at all possible to change the DOB in your highschool and other educational and proffesional certificates . So better go for the correction in your passport .

Once again  you can try through proper channel for the correction in your passport by giving them an application supported by an affidavit with the copy of your highschool certificate .

Even then if they does not change,then you have to go to the court for directing  them to do the same .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More