LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rohit (ceo)     24 March 2013

Do not want my lawer anymore

hi all, i donot want my lawyer any more, i want to chang him, but he do not want me to let go, he can mess with my case on next working day, can i stop him  immedietly from doing so. case is not submitted in the court till now but he can submit a loose case in next working day.

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   24 March 2013

Change your lawyer by execute a fresh VAKALATNAMA.,if require contact with local Bar Assoiation Office.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     24 March 2013

Write a letter to him dismissing him. Sign a vakalatnama with another lawyer.

www.mehnat.in

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     24 March 2013

I disagree to some extent with the above experts. Once you give vakalat it is not possible to change the Advocate so easily. You have to obtain no objection from the present advocate.  You have to file a memo before the court stating that the present lawyer is not cooperating and harassing and he is not giving his no objection. You have to give a copy to the present Advocate.  

After hearing both you and your Advocate version, the Court grants permission of no objection.  But you have to pay the dues of fee, if any, to the Present Advocate.  

That is the procedure

Ravinder.p.

1 Like

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     24 March 2013

Any self-respecting lawyer will not come and fight you in the court claiming to represent you when you do not want him to. Look at the Delhi rape case. The accused have changed their lawyers at least twice already without any problem.

www.mehnat.in

rohit (ceo)     25 March 2013

my case has not been field yet , i have paid 25% fees in advance,i just do not want that person , is it fair that i need noc from him. is there any way to get rid of him . i am appling for a anticipatory bail ,time is important factor.

A . K . SETH (ADVOCATE--LEGAL ADVISOR)     27 March 2013

No fuss to be created anywhere. Simply engage new lawyer for accomplishment of your mission. For the time being forget 25% fees paid. IF the previous lawyer interrupts in your matter in Court Room, frankly and politely tell the Judge that services of your previous lawyer are no more required (without imputing any allegation on him). Get your work done and enjoy. akseth advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register