LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shambasiv (n/a)     30 April 2009

Do lawyers have moral right to criticize judiciary

Do lawyers have ethical or moral right to criticize judiciary given the moral and intellectual vaccum prevailing in the profession? 

Learning

15 Replies

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     30 April 2009

As the moral and intellectual vaccum is prevailing in judiciary too,  citizens of this democratic country including lawyers have every right to criticise the judiciary.  PARTIALLITY, BIASED, CASTEISM, CORRUPTION, PREVAILS IN JUDICIARY TOO LIKE POLITICIANS AND BUREAUCRACY  then why the judiciary alone should be insulated.  STILL THE JUDICIARY IS HESITATING TO DECLARE THEIR ASSETS !!!!! SUPREME COURT PETITIONS BEFORE DELHI HIGH COURT !!! CEASAR'S WIFE SHOULD BE ABOVE SUSPICION.

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     30 April 2009

lawyers are inseparable part of judiciary. it is not only thier right but also moral obligation to make self evaluation.

Manasi Save (Legal Practioner)     30 April 2009

This is the most vital ,lacunae which our system faces today. Judicary is deemed to be sacrosanct. I would just like to quote one experience facing it I felt its high time judiciary stops behaving like a pearl in a shell because of which a common man's agony, furstration,  the increasing loss of faith in the system is deeply ignored. Last year there was a landmark case, where victim fought for 15 yrs before different Courts she came before the Media and just blasted her anger saying I appeal to the common man of this country that fighting for justice is just waste of time and years in this country. If such is a trend which is here to stay then in coming years people will not think twice before taking law in thier hands.     

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     30 April 2009

delay is not due to faults in judiciary only. before criticising we should consider the ratio of litigation and judges. society is also responsible for flodded courts.in our country most of the litigations are due to egoistic attitude of parties and enforcement of legal rights i secodary.for litigations against state, executive is largely responsible.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 May 2009

Transparency of Judiciary is the signature tune of the JUDICIARY: A healthy criticism is always welcome.

sanjay singh thakur (advocate)     01 May 2009

Yes those who have moral can validly criticise the Judiciary. This is because I firmly believe that each and every organ has lost its value due to growing corruption as well as lack of ethics and Judiciary is not free from corruption hence its high time that the same need to be critised in the larger interest and one should not wrongly defend the genuine criticism just because it is Judiciary.

Pramod (STUDENT)     05 May 2009

Every citizen has a right to criticize judiciary and more so with Lawyers, as they are the warriors of justice. They have every right to criticize teh judiciary when it is unable to provide justice. Many eminent lawyers have been criticizing the judiciary whenever it goes off path by way of case comments.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     05 May 2009

I Agree with views of   learned friends

INGLE G.[ADVOCATE]9421657505 (lawyer)     06 May 2009

YES ,DEFINETLY  I AGRRE

Kshiteej Anokar (Advocate)     06 May 2009

मित्रो! जिस देश का वकील, डॉक्टर, अफसर, अध्यापक, व्यापारी और साहित्तिक सदा पैसे पर ही दृष्टी रखकर चलता है| उस देश में शांति समृद्धि स्वास्थ्य चरित्र कभी अच्छा नहीं रह सकता | जिस देश का प्रचारक सेवक उपभोगी बनता या बनना चाहता उस देश का भविष्य अंधकार तथा धोखे में है - ऐसा निश्चित मानना चाहिए, और जिस देश का न्यायाधीस पैसे खाता हों उस देश में न्याय तथा सुधार की आशा नहीं की जा सकती ऐसा मेरा मानना है | ------वं. राष्ट्रसंत तुकडोजी महाराज,अमरावती  महाराष्ट्र     मित्रो! जिस देश का वकील, डॉक्टर, अफसर, अध्यापक, व्यापारी और साहित्तिक सदा पैसे पर ही दृष्टी रखकर चलता है| उस देश में शांति समृद्धि स्वास्थ्य चरित्र कभी अच्छा नहीं रह सकता | जिस देश का प्रचारक सेवक उपभोगी बनता या बनना चाहता उस देश का भविष्य अंधकार तथा धोखे में है - ऐसा निश्चित मानना चाहिए, और जिस देश का न्यायाधीस पैसे खाता हों उस देश में न्याय तथा सुधार की आशा नहीं की जा सकती ऐसा मेरा मानना है | ------वं. राष्ट्रसंत तुकडोजी महाराज,अमरावती  महाराष्ट्र     मित्रो! जिस देश का वकील, डॉक्टर, अफसर, अध्यापक, व्यापारी और साहित्तिक सदा पैसे पर ही दृष्टी रखकर चलता है| उस देश में शांति समृद्धि स्वास्थ्य चरित्र कभी अच्छा नहीं रह सकता | जिस देश का प्रचारक सेवक उपभोगी बनता या बनना चाहता उस देश का भविष्य अंधकार तथा धोखे में है - ऐसा निश्चित मानना चाहिए, और जिस देश का न्यायाधीस पैसे खाता हों उस देश में न्याय तथा सुधार की आशा नहीं की जा सकती ऐसा मेरा मानना है | ------वं. राष्ट्रसंत तुकडोजी महाराज,अमरावती  महाराष्ट्र    

Daksh (Student)     07 January 2010

Dear All,

Bench and Bar are both inseparable and equally important part of the judiciary and both owe moral and ethical affinity and duty towards each other and towards society at large.  I do not find anything wrong if the criticism is not personal, biased, motivated and is being done objectively for cleansing the system.

Thanks and best regards

Daksh

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     07 January 2010

Off course it is neccessary for the advancement(research and development) of the this field. Comments and advices should always be welcomed.

R.K.SUNDERRAJ (LAWYER HUBLI,KARNATAKA)     08 January 2010

I agree with V.N.TRIPATHI

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     08 January 2010

Sir,

Every citizen of india has the fundamental right to the freedom of press and expresssion under article 19(1)(a) of the constitution of india. Therefore, the lawyers have the absolute ritght  to criticize the judiciary in case of any orders of the court delivered without concern to the welfare of the people and to the nations integrity and security. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register