Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Patil   02 May 2020

Do i need gst number for publishing on amazon kindle

Hi,

I am planning to publish an ebook on Amazon through Kindle Self Publishing (https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/). 

I am wondering if I need to register for GST and get GSTIN. As I understand Amazon's policies, the ebook will be available worldwide for people to purchase. Frankly speaking, I don't expect to earn much from it in near future.Currently, Amazon allows me to publish without a GSTIN. So my question is do I need to get a GSTIN ?

Getting GSTIN is going to burden me with monthly filing I guess (which people tell me is easy), but if its required, I will have no other option but to get enrolled.

Any advice will be very helpful. Thanks in advance !

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 May 2020

Please establish a direct contact with GST officials or seek guidance from online forum or toll-free number and you are not a publisher and you are only a professional and author, the Act may provide such exemptions and exclusive clauses in such cases.  You can also contact a local CA or search in google for knowing fundamentals applicable in your case.

Sreemannarayana Mallela   16 June 2020

if you want sell goods through e commerce operator even it's worth single rupee you need to get registration

Gaurav sharma   26 June 2020

As per section 24(ix) of CGST 2017 person supplying goods through E commerce operator is required to take compulsory registration under GST. But in some case books are exempt under GST.

For futher query you can mail at gaurav.mar25@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register