LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kaviti (employed)     17 October 2008

Do daughters have rights in grandfather property

Iam from AP, my grandfather has left his self acquired 6 acres of land, which is still not divided among my father and his two brothers. My grandfather has died 10 years back. Iam assuming he has not made any will.

My father does not want to give equal share of this inherited property to me and my sister alongside my brother.

Given this, do I have any right in my father’s 2 acres of inherited share when division happens.

ToAdd: My grandfather has not made any will, but can i claim my fathers inherited share against my father wish

Learning

5 Replies

prabodh kumar patel (advocate)     17 October 2008

Yes you have equal right as your brother. After amendment of Section 6 of the Hindu Succession Act there is no difference between a male and a female child so you shall enjoy equal rights as your brother.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     18 October 2008

yes

but it subject to the will. if no will been created then u too have legal right .

Aftabkhan Pathan (Lawyer)     22 October 2008

Dear Kaviti,

Firstly it is very important to know your marriage date, if your marriage is took place prior to 1994 then you will be getting a minimal share, if your marriage is took place after 1994 then you are entitled for equal share in the property. If u r still unmarriaed you are entitle to equal share in the property

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     31 March 2009

I agree with Shri Prabodh  Kumar Patel

Ashey   01 April 2009

I agree with Shri Prabodh  Kumar Patel

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More