LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ganeshgaja (tumkur)     11 October 2013

Do a police officer can take bike along with key if submitte

TTodaya police officers asked me to submit documents while I am not driving any motor bike. Do the police officers can take the bike along with bike key when I am not able to submit the documents on the spot. Please help me.

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 October 2013

Police officer has to confirm the owner of the bike. In the process of recovering the stolen bikes, a police officer can seize a vehicle on road without valid papers with the holder of the vehicle.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     11 October 2013

1.You mean you was pillion driver , that bike was not yours or The bike was yours but some other person was driving ? 2. suppose bike was yours but that time due course of checking you haven't any paper of that vehicle like - rc, insurance,dL etc. If not then police have power u/s 207 MV act to seize your vehicle .

1.You mean you was pillion driver , that bike was not yours or The bike was yours but some other person was driving ? 2. suppose bike was yours but that time due course of checking you haven't any paper of that vehicle like - rc, insurance,dL etc. If not then police have power u/s 207 MV act to seize your vehicle .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register