LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

brijesh (SE)     07 June 2012

Divorse and marraige

Hi, i love a girl from last 5 years and she also loves me,we were in livein relation for 4 years. Her parents made her to marry another boy focibly. now she do not want to live with that guy, please help how to process legally, how she can divorse that guy so that we can marry. Her parents blackmailed her by saying that they will commit suicide if she will marry me that is why she married that boy. we both are working professional and both 25 years of age. Please help.


 5 Replies

naren (Consulltant)     07 June 2012

You didn't mention that both of her parents are dead now. If they are alive, why you think they will not threaten the same thing again. I guess you should suggest the girl to try to adjust with her husband. If she was not able to oppose her parents earlier, how she wll oppose them this time.

As far as law is concerned, Mutual Consent divorce is the only option once she stays away from her husband for 1 year and able to convince her husband to agree for that. Nonetheless you two lovebirds have spoiled the life of one innocent man.

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     07 June 2012

Now its to late....dont spoil 4-5 lives.forget and move on with life.

brijesh (SE)     07 June 2012

can she stay away from his husband without any reasons for 1 year and can ask for divorce after that because if she will stay there both of ours life is goin to spoil.

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     07 June 2012


 if she will stay there both of ours life is goin to spoil

If she lives her matrimony home..

what about her

Parents,Husband,In-laws life..

Just because your life would be safe..Is it justice to her husband.

If you care you should do it earlier but you have lack of dare hence you have failed to get ready her earlier and now you trying to initiate her for taking step beyond morality.

naren (Consulltant)     07 June 2012

She can surely stay away from her husband for whatever period she want but in that case her husband can ask for divorce and not her. There are 2 kind of divorces (based on my understanding)

1. Mutual Consent Div(MCD)- Both should stay separate for 1 year and as name suggest both should agree for divorce

2. Contested: there are various grounds for divorce including adultery, desertion, cruelty etc. The other party not at fault can ask for divorce and not the party at fault. In your case, you GF husband can ask but not her.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register