Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shivi (legal associate)     16 April 2016

Divorse

Hi All,

If a mutual divorse petition as been filed and on the second motion or hearing date if any of the any to  the case doesnot appear in the hearing then what will be the consequences. 

ASAP responses  are required.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Learning

5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     16 April 2016

The petition will be dismissed. The family court can wait maximum 18 months from the date of presentation of joint petition for divorce by mutual consent and after that if both parties fail to appear for finalisation of the proceedings the family court will dismiss the petition.

Thank you Sir for your response. One more thing since this petition is dismissed it means automatic what excatly. I mean parties again have to file the petition or contempt of court can be charged on the other party.

Ok otherwise a new petition has to be filed. Please correct me if my understanding is correct.

So is there is any contempt of court for not appearing on the hearing 

chinnappan (Administrative Officer)     16 April 2016

My sister married  a guy and lived 2 month with him. Her  mothe-in-law  ,Cousin harrased  and asked dowery . TheGuy  has no income and  His sister also living with him.with 2 child.  Due to troucher  my sister applied for divorce and got ex-party judgement. Shal l i want to know whether the guys  accptance is necessary for my sisters second marraige . Shall  we filesuit  for compensation?Please reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register