Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siri (NA)     21 September 2013

Divorced and being harresed by my husband

Hi Everyone,

I am based in Hyderabad and had my mutual divorce 4 months back. Iam a parent of 3 year daughter , the custody of whom has been given to me. At the time of divorce, i did not claim anything for alimony or maintiance but my ex husband is now harrising me for the very little gold which i have (its just a gold chain) . I want to know if i can now claim for maintiance for my daughter as i am not even working now and just dont want to leave that guy free and keep harrasing me the same way.

Please advise...thanks

Learning

6 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     21 September 2013

Yes  you can..

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Siri

Hi Everyone,

I am based in Hyderabad and had my mutual divorce 4 months back. Iam a parent of 3 year daughter , the custody of whom has been given to me. At the time of divorce, i did not claim anything for alimony or maintiance but my ex husband is now harrising me for the very little gold which i have (its just a gold chain) . I want to know if i can now claim for maintiance for my daughter as i am not even working now and just dont want to leave that guy free and keep harrasing me the same way.

Please advise...thanks

Give complaint to police that he came to rape you. Go to police station with divorce decree. They teach him nice lesson.

(Guest)

Just have a talk on this matter...that what ever he is doing now is illegal...you are his ex wife which can be turned into severe offence if he tries to molest you or harrass you.

You can seek maintenance for your child U/s125 crpc and U/s 20 HAMA .

victim (master)     21 September 2013

Dont resort for any sort of false complaint. consequences may be unpleasent. If in your mutual concent divorce decree and MOU along with that if it is mentioned that no give and take left then no point of seeking any maintenance. However child is eligible for maintenance if child custody order in your favour is silent about maintenance. If you claim maintenance for your child then he may agree to pay nominal maintenance for his daughter in your custody and can seek child visitation rights then situation can become even worse and you cant do anything at that time. So move wisely.

All the best.

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     22 September 2013

You can file maintenance at any time and you should and you will get it under your circumstances.

DO NOT FILE ANY LEGAL PROCEEDINGS UNLESS HE REFUSES TO GIVE YOU MAINTENANCE. AND IF YOU DO FILE LEGAL PROCEEDINGS, DO NOT FILE FALSE CASES. AS FOR GOLD, YES, TELL HIM THAT YOU WILL GO TO THE POLICE IF HE CONTINUES TO HARASS YOU. THAT SHOULD STOP THE HARASSMENT. IF NOT, JUST ASK A COP TO GIVE HIM AN INFORMAL CALL. DO NOT GO BEYOND THAT... AT THIS TIME.

Siri (NA)     22 September 2013

Thank you all for your advises... Yes indeed i really do not want to complicate the issue but just that i want to live in peace with my daughter. It is very evident that he has no interest in her as well. But clueless as to why he is being interfering in our lives again and again which is quite disturbing.

Thanks one and all, once again.

Regards,

Siri

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register