LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arthi (unemployed)     08 August 2016

Divorce - unhappened marriage

Hi all ,

Six years back during my college i have friendship with this Man who got introduced to me on my neighbor's marriage . Initially he proposed me and later we agreed to be friends . He used to visit me at some public places there we took some casual pics (no at all abusive /offensive) . Later he asked me to promise for marriage which i denied and asked him to deal with my parents.


Taking the situation as advantage  , he approcahe dmy parents saying we both are in  love and wants to get married . I expalined my Parents that I am not interested in him . He threatens me over a phone call , that if i not agree he will spoil my name on college and on my area . After few days he showed the pics to my parents and told she came out with me and roamed n all . Also he fakes , that i have relationship with anothe rguy in college.


Being emotianally threatned and sweetened by his words they agreed for register marriage . I was just 18 and no ceremny happened . My parents forced me took me register office , forced me to sign papers saying the family's honour will come down . I can see all my dreams shattered on that day and cunning smile on his lips. From that day i never spoke to him , for an year i got phone calls , messages from him (i never attended ?) we didn't took any  photos later as a proof of marriage . we never had any initimate things which he falsly clained to my parents that i have kissed him .

Now being strong for these many years , my parents understood my stand , and even he is ready to leave me and seek for divorce . Kindly advise how to proceed with this divorce. I am not at all in relationship with him ., but it affected my life tremendously .


I want to get rid of this thing . I don't want to spoil my life because he wanted to take revenge on me . Kindly pour suggestion as i have to get divorce and move on

Regards ,


 5 Replies

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     08 August 2016

As now both want to forget about marriage and move on in life, both file a joint petition for mutual consent divorce petition and six months after that, you both can get divorce decree.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     08 August 2016

if he is also willing to divorce you then you both can present a petition for mutual consent divorce which will take at the most 1 1/2 years.if he is not agreeing for mcd then you got to file contested divorce on some suitable grounds


you may also file for annullment of marriage without approaching him as the marriage was never solemnized, secondly you gave your consent under duress. These provisions are available under special marriage act. Annullment means that marriage never happened. If you need any help you may contact me.

Advocate Rit Arora

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     08 August 2016

Both of you must approach ther court and seek a mutually consented decree of divorce. The same is the best and most cost effective way to deal with the scenario.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law


A walk alone (-)     08 August 2016

If both agree then go MCD .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query