Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PP (Engineer)     20 November 2013

Divorce under a christian laaw

Hi,

I got married in Jan 2009, and I have stayed at the guys place only for 2 weeks, The guy his parents and his sister have thrown me out of the house asking for more money and a house.

After which I did not go back to his place. The guy went to US as he is working in a software company without informing me and since then there was no communication for almost 4 years. I had filed for my divorce in 2010. I had regularly attended the hearings and also got the paper publication but I was not granted exparte divorce which i am not sure why becos no one from the guys side attended the hearing. My lawyer has also asked for filing DV 498a against him but since I have my job outside chennai am i not able to attend the DV hearings.

Recently I gave my power of attorney to my mother to attend the case since i am out of chennai and working in noida now the guy has come back to india and has started appearing for hearings and says that he wants to live with me. i am done with him going back to him is liking setting myself on fire. They all are fraud and big time criminals.their lawyer is trying to prove that I am not at all involved n the case and everything is blamed on my parents..tehy are also saying that my parents are eyeing on my salary and thats why not allowing me to live with him.. they are putting all false charges.. its going to be almost 5 years now . They are trying to contest the case now.. what will be the consequences of that?. Pls help me I dont know how to end this.. My lawyer is also not very good.. I am very depressed

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

Make arrangements to sit n talk with either ur in-laws or your husband to give you MCD.  That is the only way out.  It was foolish on your part to file DV case.  The marriage is literally over, with DV case you hit the last nail to the coffin.  5years already over.  Buckle up.  Get MCD fast. Marry  again.

PP (Engineer)     20 November 2013

Sir,

At that time we did not even know wat a DV case means.. the lawyer filed it saying that it was the only solution to get the case resolved faster..  now no one is attending the DV case and they are trying to contest the family court case.

They had sent few of their relatives to talk after 4 years so that i shud go and live with him but I am not at all interested in going back to him. he will literally kill me

PLease can you give me some suggestions

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 November 2013

You can follow Mr.helping hand suggestion. After all life is very little. Why fightings in little life time. Atleast  NOW do not waste your life time and settle the matter through M.C.D.

Deeply Hurt (PM)     20 November 2013

Your plan should be as follows:

1. Have your advocate arrange for a discussion with your "guy" & his family.
  2. Propose that you'll withdraw the DV, 498a & Maintenance cases on him provided he agrees for MCD
  3. 100% guarantee that he'll agree to your proposal.

Your marriage is dead as a door-nail. Since you are working you should have no trouble fending for yourself & get married again too - if you want it.

If you feel your advocate is incompetent, change him for a respected advocate who'll genuinely fight for your cause.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : PP

Sir,

At that time we did not even know wat a DV case means.. the lawyer filed it saying that it was the only solution to get the case resolved faster..  now no one is attending the DV case and they are trying to contest the family court case.

They had sent few of their relatives to talk after 4 years so that i shud go and live with him but I am not at all interested in going back to him. he will literally kill me

PLease can you give me some suggestions

Either you forget differences and cohabit with him. Or Take MCD from him, marry someone else who is more compatible with you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register