LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rose ( )     14 November 2009

divorce SETTLEMENT

I was forcefully separated from my marital house just after 2 months of mar.Husband is holding al my stridhan, after mediation by Women cell we made a written settlement which says, that we both will file case for mutual divorce and he will return my stridhan in cash on 1st and 2nd motion of the divorce.we filled the case but it fell dwn as 1yr is not complete.Now  i hv to  wait  for 5 mnths with this written setllement asnd the boy can easily move out frm delhi without giving any cash.now in this situation how can  i reframe the agreement?? or even trminate it??

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. T.K Sujith (lawyer)     15 November 2009

u can file a petition before family court for return of gold and other properties. u can produce the agreement with  thepetition  as an evidence  to dowry. u may collect the immovable ormovable properties of the hus and file an atachment petition along with the above petition. court will attach those properties till the disposal of ur petition. I think, the agreement is not a bar to  file this petition.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     15 November 2009

if u r not interested in going to court then talk to them on this issue, if the repsonse is not positive then u can even take assistance of Women Cell attached with the local police.

let the terms of the contract be resettled in view of the changed circumstances.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     16 November 2009

U may file a case u/s 406 and demand ur articles and also for maintenance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register