LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rashmikant Bhatt   11 February 2023

Divorce related

My daughter was married to an Australian P.R.boy who is from India. Marriage was performed in India with Indian Marriage certificate. Then my daughter got work visa of Australia and she went to Australia. She lived with her husband there. Due to unsolved disputes between them, mutually decided to take divorce. My question is that where divorce papers should be filed Australia or India?Marriage lasted for about 9 months.



 3 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   11 February 2023

Dear Sir in that situation you should approach Indian Court due to marriage has been solemnised in India so for more clarification you may contact us.
Adv Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 9198889990.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 February 2023

The couple can move to either of the Court, where ever decided by them and convinient to both of them .

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     12 February 2023

Yes, couple can initiate divorce proceedings in any court as per their covenience.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register