LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satindar Singh   02 March 2020

Divorce Related

I got divorced on 2017 December. My ex wife living in flat gifted my ex father in law and all the things in flat are purchased by me like interior,appliances and my personal stuffs also. But after or before divorce they did not give me back anything and threatened me that we will not give you back all these things else will file a false complaint against me. They took my blank cheques and other financial documents that kept in that house but now they are not willing to return all that things. So how what are possible ways to get my things back.

Learning

5 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     02 March 2020

If the flat is is in your father's name  let him make them evicted. Why did not settled all these issues during divorce process. Just try to solve the issues amicably..

Correction  ;;;; * flat is is in your father's name  let him make them evicted.....

the documents still in your name or in your father in your FIL's name..  if in your name get them evicted ,but if the documents not in your name just orally gifted then forget as that will be hard to prove ...

flat is on name of my ex wife. my father in law gifted at that time. 2017

we want to solve amicably but they are not responding in proper way.

You have any gift deed  or any document like family settlement.

However it is much better to solve amicably, as you mentioned that they have your checque book, they can use them against you and will indict you in checque bounce case,. Just amicably solve this matter and ensure you receive first your documents and cheques back..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register