Upgrad LLM

divorce related

Practising Advocate

Wife and hsuband applied for mutual consent divorce now the husband is saying that he will not come to court after six months to give the consent and does not want to givv the divorce.wife wants to get the divorce at any cost. so please suggest should the wife wait for the six months to get completed and contest fot the divorce or can she file for the divorce under irretrievable grounds immediatedly. Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Social Studies Reader/Worker

Wife can go for one time settlement, pay husband one time lumpsum alimony for life time and take mutual divorce.  Husband will surely agree.  Even after getting ready to pay money is husband does not show interest in giving mutual consent divorce, she can file contestd divorce 13(a) HMA, contest it for 7-8 years and take it if court grants, by the way no gaurantee that wife will get divoarce in contested, if divorce case is dismissed, then she may approach high court.


Expert Humanitarian and Lawyer

If want urgetn divorce, go MCD, pay full cash to husband, husband agree, you remarry again whomever u wish.  I alos agree wtih Shri TGK Reddi.


She can file contested divorce 13(a) HMA, it may take 4-5 years.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x