LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Helpme   01 August 2016

Divorce proceeding

Hi, Can anyone help and guide me to get my divorce.  My divorce case is going on in chennai court for the past 6 years, my husband filed a petition for divorce and he is dragging the case.  before that i filed a divorce in 2008 , the case ran for 2 years but he didnt turn up to the court so i withdrew the peition, immediately he filed a petition in the same year.  i am living with my 2 children alone and he didnt give any maintenance also for these years.  I want to come out of this case soon, can anyone suggest what should i do?  He used to buy over my previous lawyers so far i changed 4 lawyers but no use.  Please help me to come out of this case.  Thank you.

Learning

11 Replies

innocenthusband   01 August 2016

why did u withdraw the case? adverse inference may be drawn. u couldve easily been granted ex parte divorce then itself. 

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     01 August 2016

Really wonderful that you want divorce and husband is not giving.

There will be solutions , pl send email with all details.

whatnot   01 August 2016

One should not hold legal due as a bargain chip.

Best way to move forward is to make him come for MCD.

In order to do that, with kids go back to his place of residence.

Have someone to keep check on your well being. And keep local police station informed.

Don't leave home until you get Section 10A petition filed, 13B signed and submitted in court.

Continue to stay for 6 months and part ways once decree is issued.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 August 2016

If your husband neglects or refuses to provide you with reasonable maintenance, you can apply for a court order for maintenance to be paid to you.

You can apply for maintenance,

• for your child from the other parent, if he or she neglects or refuses to provide your child with reasonable maintenance;
  • for yourself from your husband, if you are a married woman whose husband neglects or refuses to provide you with reasonable maintenance;

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     01 August 2016

If both of you want divorce file mutual consent divorce cool off 6 month period from supreme court and live happily.

Warm Regards

Adv. Nitish Banka

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     01 August 2016

If you wish to engage a very competent lawyer from Chennai, you may send me a private message, I have dealt with him personaqlly and can vouch for his competence and capability.

He might have an issue with me posting his private details here and hence I can only provide the same to you via personal message.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

Helpme   02 August 2016

The reason why I withdrew my divorce case was he filed custody petition but I didnt agree for that, so the case drag for 2 years.  At that time i was out of station and he also out of country. He earns more than 2L per month.  His father only attended the court on behalf. I couldnt take leave often and come to court for the hearing because I need to take care of my children and all the other exps. So after I withdrew he filed a petition, and after that he didnt turn up to the court for these years.  After few years later another lawyer said file for Maintenance so he has to come to the court. According to his advice I filed Maintenance petition 2 years before but till now he didnt turn to the court.  I have been taking care and educating my chlildren when they were 2 years old.  Now my elder daughter is 16 years old.  I have no parents and relatives.  That is the only reason they do everything becasue no one to question them.  He doesnt want me to remarry and live peacefully .  Thats the only reason he is dragging the case.  He is 12 years elder than me. He married another woman immediately after marrying me in 6 months time.  But he left that lady also.  She has a child.  She already complained in the police but no actions taken against him.  Because he has money to correct everyone.  I really need to come out of this case, please help me.

Born Fighter (xxx)     02 August 2016

you need a proper strategy to come out of this mess, hire a competent lawyer and fight till the end.

A walk alone (-)     07 August 2016

Instead of dragging cases take your children to another state and start living there .find job there. Dnt file any other case on him. It's India court only give dates . Judge and lawyers make corruption. They earn money by making fool.

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     07 August 2016

You follow up the maintenance case you will get it.for you and your children.from the date you have applied.

If you can produce the details of his job and salary or porperties of parents than you can get evenr exparte oder.

Get LOC issued from the court which  will make him to contact you.

Get his current address and all the details of his parents home and than contact me  by email  for quick solutions.

whatnot   10 August 2016

Originally posted by : Helpme
The reason why I withdrew my divorce case was he filed custody petition but I didnt agree for that, so the case drag for 2 years.  At that time i was out of station and he also out of country. He earns more than 2L per month.  His father only attended the court on behalf. I couldnt take leave often and come to court for the hearing because I need to take care of my children and all the other exps. So after I withdrew he filed a petition, and after that he didnt turn up to the court for these years.  After few years later another lawyer said file for Maintenance so he has to come to the court. According to his advice I filed Maintenance petition 2 years before but till now he didnt turn to the court.  I have been taking care and educating my chlildren when they were 2 years old.  Now my elder daughter is 16 years old.  I have no parents and relatives.  That is the only reason they do everything becasue no one to question them.  He doesnt want me to remarry and live peacefully .  Thats the only reason he is dragging the case.  He is 12 years elder than me. He married another woman immediately after marrying me in 6 months time.  But he left that lady also.  She has a child.  She already complained in the police but no actions taken against him.  Because he has money to correct everyone.  I really need to come out of this case, please help me.

Nothing like wrath of 2 women.

Join hands with this lady under the same police station (you may have to take temporary residence)

Once Bigamy is established it is punishable. No matter who the person is.

As said you may have work in harmony with various people in order to acheive

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register