LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bad Times   07 February 2018

Divorce procedure

hello sir/madam

myself Vijay Pawar, I have married with a girl before 13 months in Uttar Pradesh, since then we never stayed together.
she is in Hyderabad and I am in Bangalore / mumbai at present.

now we want divorce with mutual consent.

My queries are:

1. can we get divorce in Bangalore, even though if we got married in Uttar Pradesh. under Hindu marriage act.

2. what is the process and timeline?

3. what will be total expenses in that?

kindly revert.

Vijay Kumar Pawar


 2 Replies

Krishna   08 February 2018

1.while applying for divorce atleast one party has to show residential proof and they can file divorce petition according to the jurisdiction of the court. and as your marriage happended in UP, there also you can file.

2.Both have to file MCD petition, after 1st motion, they will give 6 months time for reconsilation, After 6 months 2nd motion will happpen and divorce decree will be passed accordingly. Under special circumstances, court may wave off cooling period, depending upon your lawyer and judge.

3. Fees always depends upon the lawyer and your paying capacity. As it is MCD, charges will be less as compared to contested. You both can approach a single lawyer and get the job done

1 Like

Bad Times   10 February 2018

Thank you very much sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register