LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (IT)     17 July 2013

Divorce procedue

It’s been over 15 Months for our marriage. I first filed a petition of nullity in the month of march 2013 (since it was not over a year for our marriage then) and in return my wife file a maintenance petition. April 24th 2013 we completed one year of our marriage and my lawyer sent a new, divorce petition. However, at a later time, my wife and I settled the onetime amount of 4,00,000/- for mutual separation. Last week was our conciliation date and we both briefed the conciliation in charge lawyer about our settlement and agreed to separate, mutually. At the time of conciliation the settlement amount was documented, and also the partial payment made was documented, as well. Further, we also documented that the rest of the money shall be given to my wife at the end of the entire procedure. Thus, the report was produced to the judge stating “conciliate failed.” Now we have been referred for mediation and the date will be (I guess) in August 1st week of 2013. I am not sure what will be done on this (Mediation) day.

So, my question to experts on this website are:

1.    What am I expected see / witness on the Mediation Day?

2.      How many more dates will be given to us before we finally end our marriage?

3.      Will there be another (one or two or more) dates given to us by the court even after the mediation day?

4.      Will the marriage end on the mediation day?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     17 July 2013

If you both have agreed to part ways then simply ensure a balanced compromise is written which is acceptable to both the parties. She may not agree for the payment only at the end of the divorce proceedings. Better pay her part amount in advance or at the first motion before the court. You both need not to press for the Mediation/ Conciliation proceedings. Seek help of your lawyer and get the process expedited.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register