LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Singh (Advocate)     05 January 2010

Divorce plaint

Can any body provide me a divorce plaint ? a lady separated from her husband for 10 years what's to divorce . She doesn't want her husband to interfere in her dad's property.


 5 Replies


Under Hindu Marriage Act, every High Court has forumulated its prescribed proforma for filing the petitions under the Act.  Hence, you have to follow that prescribed proforma, as far as possible.  The proforma can be obtained from the High Court's web site or from any authoritative text books on Hindu Marriage Act.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     05 January 2010

dear friend better consult some local lawyer, he will draft the same as required for the facts of the case.


expert guidance will be better.

Rajesh Singh (Advocate)     05 January 2010

Thanks for the replies ..... Prabhakar and kiran , request you to forward a copy of the plaint if you have.... as i am a lawyer too i just want to have a glance on the plaint format...would be thankful if the same is provided. 

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     05 January 2010

Her father's property is her stridhan and her husband can not poke her noise into the property matter,still she is alive. if she wants divorce she will get it, but for the reason of property she need not to take divorce do not paniky. stridhan is weii protected by law.


Kindly refer "Law of Marriage and Divorce in India" written by Sh. B.P. Beri (second edition) at page No. 621 to 790, prescribed proforma all the High Courts was given.  Depending upon the High Court jurisdiction you belong, you choose the proforma.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query