LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayan (Software developer)     21 January 2016

Divorce on mutual ground 6 month time

My wife separated with me in year 11/2013  and I have filed divorce under sec13(a) in year 03/2015.

Now my wife agree to give divorce on mutual ground and again we need to file divorce under sec 13 (b).

Now we have to wait 6 month , Is there any way to bypass this 6 month waiting period since we have separated 2.5 year from now and already 10 month back I file divorce.

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     21 January 2016

Yes you have to wait for 6 months before the divorce be allowed and decree issued to you. The Supreme Court has clearly made law in this regard that the 6 months period will not be condoned by any subordinate court and only in exceptional cases its the Apex Supreme Court that can allow the divorce by mutual consent by condoning 6 months period as the special power is provided to it by virtue of Article 142 of the Constitution of India.

vishak (manager)     21 January 2016

Sir - kindly guide such law made by SC for non condonation of 6 month by family courts.

vishak (manager)     21 January 2016

Sir i mean, is it illegal if any lower court passes decree after considering such condonation ?

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     21 January 2016

You have to file fresh case for mcd, 6 month waiting period is mandatory it cannot be waived off .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register